Bible Reading - Week 48
Be on the lookout this week for the ways Paul counsels the Corinthians to deal with their problems.
VERSE OF THE WEEK
1 Corinthians 10:13 No temptation has come upon you except what is common to humanity. But God is faithful; he will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation he will also provide a way out so that you may be able to bear it.
DAY 1 1 Corinthians 9-11
- Paul argues that the Lord has commanded that those who preach the gospel should earn their living by the gospel. why does he not make full use of his rights to this privilege?
- What reasons does Paul give for why God was not pleased with most of the Israelites in the wilderness?
- What encouragement does Paul give for when we face temptation?
- What is a person guilty of if he or she partakes of the Lord’s Supper in an unworthy manner?
DAY 2 1 Corinthians 12-14
- What are some blessings you see that various spiritual gifts bring to the church? Why is it better that not all have the same gifts? Who determines who gets what spiritual gifts?
- Why is love so important to keep in mind in relation to spiritual gifts?
- Does Paul believe gifts are for personal benefit or for building up the church? Why is this vitally important to keep in mind?
DAY 3 1 Corinthians 15-16
- What are the core components of the gospel Paul preached?
- What do we lose if there is no resurrection of the dead?
- What will happen at the last trumpet?
- What is Paul’s advice to the Corinthians regarding Timothy?
DAY 4 2 Corinthians 1-4
- Why does God comfort us in all our afflictions?
- Paul speaks in chapter 2 of believers being an aroma either of death or of life. What do you think this means?
- Why is the new covenant better than the old?
- What does the god of this age keep people from seeing?
- Why do Paul and his companions refuse to give up?
DAY 5 2 Corinthians 5-9
- Where would believers prefer to be, according to chapter 5? Why is this so?
- What happens to anyone who is in Christ, according to chapter 5?
- When is the day of salvation, according to chapter 6?
- Why are believers not to partner with unbelievers?
- What must believers cleanse themselves from, according to chapter 7?
- Take careful note of the distinction Paul makes in chapter 7 between godly grief and worldly grief.
- What does Paul urge the Corinthians to excel at in chapter 8?
- Summarize Paul’s instructions on giving in chapter 9.
DAY 6 2 Corinthians 10-13
- What do believers do with every thought, according to chapter 10?
- What is the one who boasts to boast in?
- How does Satan disguise himself, according to chapter 11?
- In chapter 12, what does Paul say happened to him to keep him from exalting himself?
- In chapter 13, Paul urges the Corinthians to test themselves for what reason?